Do You Have The Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes and or Insulin Resistance?
In type 2 diabetes, many symptoms go unnoticed and some people have no symptoms at all. As type 2 diabetes is commonly (but not always) diagnosed at a later age, sometimes signs are dismissed as a part of ‘getting older’. In some cases, by the time type 2 diabetes is diagnosed, the complications of diabetes may already be present and the damage can be irreversible We need to be able to identify any signs, as well as recognise if your risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes is increased.
- Feeling tired and lethargic
- Putting on weight and not sure why?
- Inability to lose weight despite conscious effort
- Always feeling hungry
- Mood swings
- Increased urination
- Feeling thirsty
- Feeling dizzy
- Increased leg cramps
- Having cuts that heal slowly
- Itching, skin infections
- Blurred vision
Complication of Diabetes:
The long-term complications from diabetes are quite extensive and should be the main drivers to control type 2 diabetes. However, as these problems can appear later down the track
- Heart attacks and strokes are up to four times more likely in people with diabetes
- Diabetic retinopathy and potential vision loss affects one in six people with diabetes
- Kidney damage is three times more common in people with diabetes
- Amputations are 15 times more common in people with diabetes
- Depression, anxiety and distress occur in more than 30% of all people with diabetes
- Early diagnosis, optimal treatment and effective ongoing support and management reduce the risk of diabetes-related complications.
EllaWell's Diabetes Prevention Program
- Metabolic Health – insulin resistance screen
and diabetes risk review
- Multiple Doctor and Clinical Dietitian Appointments
- Pathology Collection & Analysis
- Reporting to your GP of progress status
- Nutri-Medical Review
- Vitamins and body composition review with prescription
- Goal setting accountability
- Individualised online Video Portal video instruction for: meal plans, shopping right, eating out, menus, snacking, exercise and pantry make over
- Final Weigh-In and blood sample analysis and success measurement. Congratulations program summary and medical report.
Program Benefits | 3 Month Program
- Access end-to-end medical support for pre-diabetes, diabetes and metabolic disease including insulin resistance, weight loss and obesity.
- Dedicated medical and clinical dietitians all in the one clinic working simultaneously with your pathology results to set you on the right path quickly and easily.
- Avoid the frustration and wasted time of running to many appointments seeking consultation from numerous doctors and health professionals who are not working efficiently together.
- Our longer appointments ensure you get the support you need with your dedicated team. One point of contact, set appointments, online learning, including: goal setter, customised meal plan (one on one with dietician), shopping list and pantry make over.
- Learning 'what to eat' when it comes to diabetes is a crucial skill for life. Check the online learning portal at www.what2eat.org
- Save time and money by accessing the experts for your unique medical situation in the one convenient appointment program.
- Medicare rebate applies to initial assessment